Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Bowness on Windermere, The Lake District
Virginia Cottage in Bowness-on-Windermere has been a B&B for more than 45 years and we make every endeavour to continue the warm and welcoming tradition of the cottage.
The building itself is thought to be some 150 years old and was originally two cottages now combined into one.
The position of Virginia Cottage is ideal, being so close to Lake Windermere and surrounded by so many shops and restaurants, and traditional pubs offering a wide variety of locally brewed ales.
Whatever the season the landscape is beautiful. There are lots of places to visit and the small villages in the surrounding areas are very picturesque.
- FREE wifi in all areas including guest bedrooms
- There is a private suite offering a four poster bed, a separate lounge and an en-suite spa bath with bathrobes and slippers
- Our four poster beds are hand-made and unique to Virginia Cottage
- Most rooms have either a multi jet shower or a spa bath
- Each room has been individually styled and is furnished with a television and combined DVD player, fridge, hairdryer and complimentary refreshments tray with homemade biscuits
- We use locally sourced produce for our breakfasts
- Well behaved pets are welcome, but only by prior arrangement
- FREE access to leisure facilities at the Old England Spa only a couple of minutes walk from Virginia Cottage
- FREE private car parking within the Belsfield Hotel is only a few metres away
- Lake Windermere, restaurants, shops and attractions are on our doorstep
- We are centrally located for access to the surrounding areas for touring the fells, lakes and villages
This is the place to relax, unwind and enjoy the many attractions of the Lake District. Our wish is to provide quality yet homely accommodation and we will do our upmost to make your stay a memorable one.
So leave the car in our free residents car park, walk around the village, take the boat anywhere around the lake - and don’t forget there’s also the bus which will quickly get you further afield in the lakes.
Virginia Cottage has been under new ownership since October 2013 and Graeme & Shirley wish to assure you of a very warm welcome.
For special occasions we can arrange for additional items to be made available in your room. These include items such as local hand-made chocolates, flowers, champagne or balloons for any occassion. With sufficient advance notice we will try to meet your request and make your stay a special one.
Please phone or e-mail for prices for your individual requirements.
Please call 015394 44891 for all enquiries or